Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Line charts with dynamic / filterable measures

Hello

I've been having some troubles designing a line chart with multiple measures. I recently learned that you'd add more measures to add more lines, and within that measure, add functionality that specifies the data for that specific line, like this: Sum ({<area_name={"Something">} energy)

And as the dimension is year, I can get the energy usage per year, but also per area through different lines.

However, I would like to filter what measures to view, in this case, areas. So these areas have parent areas, and I would like to know if, somehow I could filter what areas (measures) to display in my line chart.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Re: Line charts with dynamic / filterable measures

Hi Eddie,

I think this is what you are referring to based on the problems description.

S1.PNG

Only the selected measures plotted.

S2.PNG

Find the Qvf attached.

5 Replies
mark6505
Valued Contributor III

Hi,

I am not to sure what you are trying to achieve, could you possibly expand a little more or share some sample data?

Mark

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi Eddie,

I think this is what you are referring to based on the problems description.

S1.PNG

Only the selected measures plotted.

S2.PNG

Find the Qvf attached.

Not applicable

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I tested out your application and it worked very good, I remade it so that the "Forecast" measures in this example derived from a parent value, which was very valuable. I learned a lot from your example.

Thank you!

prananellutla
Contributor

HI sangram- for some reason multi select is not working on for me. is there anything specific  you did?

kylekasur
New Contributor

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks a lot of uploading this sample. Works perfectly!