Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

drillnaut
Valued Contributor

Link selections together

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way in Qliksense so that when a user selects something in one field, it chooses the same value in another?  My use case is that I have two different systems (a transportation system, and Great Plains).  I would like to make it so that when someone selects a "Bill To" that lives in the transportation system, it also selects a certain GL value on the Great Plains side.

Any help in this is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
felipedl
Valued Contributor III

Re: Link selections together

Hi Justin,

You could ajust it inside a set analysis expression, where the selected value in one would reflect on the other, creating the "selection" you want.

Something like:

sum({<GreatPlainsBillTo={"$(=only(TransportationBillTo))"}>}Sales)

For the above expression, if the user selects a TransportationBillTo field (assuming that's a valid field of course), the expression will do the sum of sales where the GreatPlainsBillTo is equal to what was selected in TransportationBillTo.

Felipe.

4 Replies
felipedl
Valued Contributor III

Hi Justin,

You could ajust it inside a set analysis expression, where the selected value in one would reflect on the other, creating the "selection" you want.

Something like:

sum({<GreatPlainsBillTo={"$(=only(TransportationBillTo))"}>}Sales)

For the above expression, if the user selects a TransportationBillTo field (assuming that's a valid field of course), the expression will do the sum of sales where the GreatPlainsBillTo is equal to what was selected in TransportationBillTo.

Felipe.

drillnaut
Valued Contributor

Is there a way to allow the user to make multiple selections?  And your response worked like a charm for a single selection by the way.

MVP
MVP

May be this

Sum({<GreatPlainsBillTo = P(TransportationBillTo)>}Sales)

drillnaut
Valued Contributor

I already gave the "Correct Answer" juice to Felip, but I ended up using your solution.  Before asking the question, I ended down some dark tunnel with "GetFieldSelections" and the whole thing just felt wrong.  Your solution looks better than what I would have ended up making work through brute force.