Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronman10
Creator
Creator

Linking a value to all available dimensions

Hello Guys,

I have past 3 years sales data in excel file . The sale data sheet consists of more than 10 dimensions like, customer, date, product, product sub types, currency etc. Apart from this base data sheet, there are 2 master sheets namely, Customer master (customer details, origin country etc) and Product master (contains product breakdown category wise). Now, there is a finance correction entry which I need to pass every month in order to match the raw sale number with finance team's number. This correction is not divided customer or product wise and is a single entry. This is where I am getting stuck. What I want is for the finance correction entry to be made in such a way that it is applicable to all dimensions i.e., if I select any filter in my visualization, the resultant value should be inclusive of finance correction. Please advice on this. Any suggestions are welcome. Please let me know if any part of my question was not clear.

Best Regards,

Rony

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
premvihari
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @ronman10 ,

Please find the atached

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

could you elaborate with an example , sample of your data and the correction data
ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Dilip,

Please find attached excel and sample qvf. The moment I select filters the finance correction values get excluded. This is because the Finance correction entry is not linked to the Product or customer master. I want to  find a way to have it applied throughout. Please advice.

Best regards,

Rony

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Excel attached here

premvihari
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @ronman10 ,

Please find the atached