Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
data_RN
Creator
Creator

Linking loaded tables

Hi All, 

I have two files that I need to link and I cannot figure out the best way to do it.  

The first file has two items user_ID and user_name.  The second has multiple columns of data with names of people that hold job positions such as role_1, role_2, etc.  The challenge is that these are Sharepoint lists and the export from Sharepoint only gives you the user_ID for each of these roles.  I thought I could map these during the load, but I would need to map each of the columns back to the user file and unless I am wrong, mapping is only to connect one column.

Is there a way to create a master item that matches the number in  role_1 to the user_ID field in the User Info List.  In this example Role_1 = 15, User_ID 15 = zimmermann, amber.  I want the role_1 for Cafeteria to show Zimmermann, Amber.  Is this possible?

User List:

IDtitle
14Smith, Fred
15Zimmermann, Amber
16Doe, Jane

Role List:

Locationrole_1role_2role_3
Market141615
Store161514
Cafeteria151416

Desired view:

Locationrole_1role_2role_3
MarketSmith, FredDoe, JaneZimmermann, Amber
StoreDoe, JaneZimmermann, AmberSmith, Fred
CafeteriaZimmermann, AmberSmith, FredDoe, Jane

It would be great if there was a way to load these (btw...this is only a paired down example, I have about 20 roles that have these unique ids), but I am also okay with creating 20 master items.  Anyone know how I can achieve this?

Thanks in Advance!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @data_RN 

Please refer to below article:

How To Remove Synthetic Keys in Qlikview (analyticsvidhya.com)

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @data_RN 

Please refer to below article:

How To Remove Synthetic Keys in Qlikview (analyticsvidhya.com)

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!