cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Linking of Sharepoint list from Qlik Sense Enterprise

Hi All,

I was able to extract data in XML format from the Sharepoint list when i am building the app in desktop version.

However, when i try to load the data from the same source on the Enterprise version, it says it cannot find the resource.

Please kindly advise.

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You must ensure that the User Account that the server is running under has proper access to SharePoint and the SharePoint list that you want to retrieve data from.

On Desktop you are running as your personal account - but the server has been assigned to run under a Service Account of some sort. This Service Account must be set up with the proper access rights to SharePoint.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You must ensure that the User Account that the server is running under has proper access to SharePoint and the SharePoint list that you want to retrieve data from.

On Desktop you are running as your personal account - but the server has been assigned to run under a Service Account of some sort. This Service Account must be set up with the proper access rights to SharePoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hmm... exactly my thoughts. I was thinking if it is access issue. I shall bring this to my Sharepoint Administrator and see if we can work something out. Thanks for your input!

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yee

If you don't mind, how where you able to extract data in XML format from the Sharepoint list you used when building the app in Qlik Sense desktop version?  I am using the desktop version.

What did the URL connecting you to the Sharepoint list look like and what Qlik connector and parameters did you use?

Kind regards,

Ozzie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ozzie,

You can see the link below to find out how to format the URL of the SP list as XML.

Getting XML Data From a SharePoint List – The Easy Way | Kirk Evans Blog

Then just go on to Data load Editor and add  the URL under a new web file connection.

Cheers,

Guohao

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks kindly Guohao.  Once the site is back up, I'll be sure to check this out.

Take care,

Ozzie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ozzie,

Apologies for the late reply. Has been swarmed lately at work.

I experienced the same issue with linking to SharePoint from Enterprise server. The problem could be either of below:

1. Connection issues between the SP server and Qlik server

2. Permission issue - my SharePoint lists requires AD for access. When trying to connect to SP from the enterprise server, Qlik enterprise server is not able to access the list using my AD and thus, getting access denied

I haven't found a fix for this yet so I cannot pin point the root cause. My work about is to simply use Task Scheduler to run a Excel Marco that refreshes a SP-linked table and save it to a folder where the Qlik can pick up the data.

hope this helps.

Cheers,

Guohao

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks kindly for coming back to me.