Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

List Box: Always One Selected

In QlikSense is there an equivalent to the QlikView "Always One Selected" option for a List Box

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not yet afaik: Re: Always one selected value

Perhaps the qsVariable extension could be used instead for some use cases.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not yet afaik: Re: Always one selected value

Perhaps the qsVariable extension could be used instead for some use cases.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but at least I now know the answer.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

+1 for that feature in Sense.

Would be quite useful to have, when you have overlapping fact datasets in a single app, and need to make sure only one of the data sets are selected (and thus included in any sums, averages etc) at a time.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

QS 2.1.1 have now native variable option so no need for the extension anymore..

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Right - the new variable handling is nice - but I would still find it useful to have a list box in which I could rely on one and always one value being selected.

Could for example be used to select between different dimensions in a chart (which is what I am looking to do right now).

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I wouldn't say that Robert.  You could always set variables in Sense through the load script as per View,  In 2.1.1. you now have a screen to manage this but for users to interact with the variables e.g. setting them yourself in the front end you still need to use an extension like qsVariable. I was hoping Qlik would have released a standard control for this but still on the wish list.

In the mean time qsVariable allows a certain amount of dynamic manipulation of the charts displayed by the end users themselves.

Regards

Andy

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

You are right Andy I have misinterpreted the question.