cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

List of Table/Data Dependencies in Qlik Sense

Hello QC,

I was wondering if anyone out there has a process or methodology for checking dependencies within an app for data connections or tables in a QVD source.

I'd like to be able to run a query or check a list of some sort for any app that is using a specific table, or at a minimum a Data Connections, in order to see a dependency in case the source data/model ever changes. I understand these changes are rare, but we've had a case where the current system requires users to update an Excel document that is being used as a source and they changed the name of a column (without our prior knowledge) so a few of our apps failed to reload.

While I understand this type of change SHOULD be rare, how can I know (other than a failed reload) that an app depends on a source or data connection in order to predict the potential impact of a change?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Something like this you mean? NodeGraph - Your Data Starts Here

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Something like this you mean? NodeGraph - Your Data Starts Here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Possibly!

have you used this before? Or know of someone that has?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I haven't yet. rwunderlich‌ has.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm pretty keen on Nodegraph, reach out to them on the website NodeGraph - Your Data Starts Here if you'd like a demo.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Rob. We're looking into it; seems like a great solution.

Is there any way within the platform itself to see those dependencies? Either at an object or Data Connection level?

We've recently realized the huge need for knowing when and what a change may affect, and being a non-profit, it's always helpful to find a way to do it without additional financial cost.

Anyway thanks!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Weston,

Nothing native in the product that I know of. There is an open source project on Branch Qlik Branch that offers some lineage data, but I'm not sure of the current status.

-Rob