Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

List of employee names as any point in time

Hello,

I would like to create a measure which lists out the names of employees by department at any given point in time.  Specifically, I'd like to combine the muti-period headcount measure below, 

Newbie7_0-1632123727823.png

with the measure of the employee name list by department which currently doesn't respect the time dimension and just lists out all the names of the people who ever belonged to a particular department.  The measure above shows 1 next to employee names if that employee is employed by the company at a selected point in time, and I think by combining these two measures, I'd be able to create a measure which generates a list of employee names by department at any selected point in time.  

Newbie7_1-1632123863566.png

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could let me know how I can combine the two measures above.  

1 Reply
Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello,

After playing with the formulas, I found out in the end that the measure below produces the list of names of employees which respects time dimension at any point in time.  But I have one more thing which I need to sort out.  In the concatenation of the names of employees separated by comma delimiter, how can I change the formula so that the comma delimiter between the names of the employees are inserted only for the non-last name in the list?  In other words, I'd like the list of employee names for example by department dimension not to show the comma delimiter after the name of the last employees in the list separated by departments.  I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know how I can fix this formula for that.  

Newbie7_0-1632382911641.png

Thank you & best regards,