Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SK28
Creator
Creator

Live Qliksense Dashboard - need to refresh the dashboard based on a button - (data source - SQL query)

Hi,

Is there a way to create the live dashboard in Qliksense? 

The dashboard depends on SQL query.

If yes, Can you please share me the template app here? or the solution for it.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Needing to refresh via button and "live" are two different things.

You could use On-Demand App Generation (ODAG) / Dynamic Views for an app that can be refreshed manually by a user using a button, or you could use an extension to allow manual reloads (though this approach is problematic because users would need update rights on the app).

Live isn't really an option, but you could set the app to constantly refresh via QMC or manual tasks and get near-real-time.

SK28
Creator
Creator
Author

Using ODAG or Dynamic views, can we refresh the template app?

I have developed the dynamic view but it isn't working

template (detail) app & Dashboard app... I have created master items of charts and tables in details app

then in Dashboard app -> i have created the  dynamic view, added the binding between details(template) app & dashboard app.

when i click on refresh button, it's refreshing the charts & tables in dashboard app, But the Detail(Template) app isn't refreshing.

My requirement is, the user has to see the LIVE data... is that possible?

Or
MVP
MVP

There is no way to see truly live data in Qlik - there's always a chance that something has updated between the time of the last refresh (manual or automated). This is similar to most BI / reporting tools.

When using the ODAG approach, you can have the template app run whatever SQL you want, so that when it is refreshed (either when run from the selection app or via dynamic views) it runs the SQL in question and pulls fresh data from the data source. Of course, you'd need to make sure the performance of your queries is such that they return a result in a timely manner, or the whole thing won't be particularly useful. ODAG wasn't originally intended for this sort of use, but it actually works quite well.