Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load data from a vpn sql db

Hi comm,

atm i load my data normally over OLE DB and then i select the network server where the db is stored.

But sometimes im away from the company, i work for. So i  need to be able to load the sql db from outside(not in local area network).

Thats why i want to know: how to get data from sql database over vpn into qlik sense.

Hope someone has an idea and can give me some tipps!

-Eric

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

Do you mean you have a valid vpn-connection to your local area network and it didn't work to access the databases?

- Marcus

teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Eric

Contact your IT deparment, and get them to setup a VPN on your laptop, that connects to the local company network.

/Teis

guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Softwares like putty can resolve your issue.

Not applicable
Author

sorry for late respons!!

i don't tested it atm because im at my company. So when i have vpn and im logged into the company network there is no problem with loading my db the normal way?

teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Eric

If then VPN is configured correctly, i guess there should be no problem connecting to the local DB

/Teis

Not applicable
Author

Ok Thx, i test it later.

Thanks for ur answers.

teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Eric

Np, happy to help!

NB: Please mark answers as "helpful" or "answered"

marcus_sommer

It might work without doing anything further. But you will get a different IP as on your local network which might need an additionally permission to access the databases over the network (some group policies are per default quite restrictive) - but this an administrative topic and not a technical one.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Using db through VPN could create additional problems, but check if it's db problem or VPN problem  by simply  running it through without VPN . in order to see is it db problem or web problem