Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load script - Include QVS error - Qlik Sense

Hi Guys,

My include script statement is not picking up variables set before the include statement.

In the beginning of the load script I declare 2 variable as shown below

Set vAppName = 'Sales Dashboard' ; 

Set vConnectionName = 'lib://MYPC (LP1990)' ;

I set above variables because each QVF application has 2 folder path. 

• Global folder paths (Shared by every other apps too) and
  • local folder paths (only used by that specific app).

First, it sets Global folder path by including QVS file that contains set variable statements for global (attached in the post)

$(Must_Include=$(vConnectionName )\Global_Paths.qvs);

Then, it sets Local folder path by including QVS file that contains set variable statements for local folder paths (attached in the post)

$(Must_Include=$(vConnectionName )/$(vAppName)\Local_Paths.qvs);

When I run the load script. all the variables are set fine from the  Global_Paths.qvs

But when the variables set from the Local_Paths.qvs  are not picking the the variable vAppName.

What could be going wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies.

I could not figure out what was going wrong so I created a new app from scratch and it worked fine.

So I am sure its not a bug, I must have been missing something in setting variables but anyways, its working now.

Thanks for your inputs.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What do you see in the script log? Can you post the script log here?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

The script executes without any problem. but in the folder paths.. in place of $(vAppName) it just shows  one forward slash symbol ( / )

And thats why I am confused because its not throwing any specific error.

marcus_sommer

I think the slash should be a back-slash like:

$(Must_Include=$(vConnectionName )\$(vAppName)\Local_Paths.qvs);

- Marcus

Digvijay_Singh

I tried your script and could recreate the problem. I was surprised to observe that $(vAppName) was not getting expanded every time I tried in the statement $(Must_Include=$(vConnectionName )/$(vAppName)\Local_Paths.qvs);.

I couldn't understand why.

But I made small change in the script just to have only one dollar conversion in Must_Include. This below one worked though -

Set vAppName = 'Sales DashBoard' ;

Set vAppPath = 'lib://MyDataFiles/Sales DashBoard';

Set vConnectionName = 'lib://MyDataFiles' ;

$(Must_Include=$(vConnectionName)\Global_Paths.qvs);

$(Must_Include=$(vAppPath)\Local_Paths.qvs);

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Digvijay,

I think your observation right... when you add more than on dollar conversion in Must_Include. then QlikSense gets crazy

Would you call it as a bug?

Digvijay_Singh

I would wait for the opinion of experts here, in fact I tried this statement in trace stmt and that also missed the expansion. Not able to understand why it is happening.

marcus_sommer

I would be surprised if there is a bug within qlik sense because it worked very well within qlikview regardless how many variables with $-sign expansion are included within the include-statement - of course the variable-statements and the chain of them must be correct and the slash-sign instead of the back-slash might cause a misinterpreting.

Another point to try would be to enable the Qlik Sense Legacy mode.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies.

I could not figure out what was going wrong so I created a new app from scratch and it worked fine.

So I am sure its not a bug, I must have been missing something in setting variables but anyways, its working now.

Thanks for your inputs.

Digvijay_Singh

When I enclose both the $ expension in apostrophe it works -

Set vAppName = 'Sales DashBoard' ;

Set vConnectionName = 'lib://MyDataFiles' ;

$(Must_Include=$(vConnectionName)\Global_Paths.qvs);

$(Must_Include='$(vConnectionName)\$(vAppName)'\Local_Paths.qvs);

When I remove the enclosed apostrophe, it expands only the first one and the path fails.