Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Load/structure data for multiple surveys

I am new at using Qlik Sense Desktop and need your help. I have data for multiple surveys in one file. Each record has a unique contact record id, data fields pertaining to the contact like contact email address, company name, survey name and the survey responses. When I select specific scores for one survey I want to see the scores for other survey questions for those contact email addresses, however the filtering only shows the records selected.

Do I need to do something like select a data field or data fields to associate somehow when I load the file into Qlik?

If you are using Qlik sense desktop to visualize survey data please contact me so we can leverage learnings.

5 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could you share a screenshot of your Data Model Viewer so we can see the structure of the table/tables and the fields you have available from the surveys?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think your issue is the question you are asking doesnt directly relate to the answer you are looking for.

How does a selecting a score in one survey assoicate to the contacts that have that scores other survey results by direct association?  You are asking 2 questions not one which is why you are not getting the answer first time.

So assuming you are just querying your data model and do not want to hard code the question and answer via set analysis you.

1. Find all the contacts with the same score. filter on score

2. select all the contacts made available and remove the score filter

3. create a list of contacts, surveys and their scores and you have the answer.

If you want to automate these steps then using set analysis and possible some variables will be the way forward but you would need to share your data model.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter,

I have attached a file with the list of data fields I loaded into Qlik. Thank you for your assistance.

Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy,

You are correct, I do not want to hard code the question and answer via set analysis. I found the same  work around that you noted however I feel that I should be able to structure the data to avoid the work around as I will be doing a lot of analysis.

Thanks,

Tim

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Then your model is fine.   what you need to think about is not all questions can be answered directly.   the art of analysis makes us ask a question which sometimes leads to another question rather than an answer.   yes you could restructure your entire model to answer that one question quickly but by doing so may hamper your ability to ask further questions.

Its not a work around you are performing you are just investigating your model.

Regards

Andy