Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III

Loading Data from Harddisk/ Not as attached file

Hello,

all the information I found, didn't solve my loading excel data problem.

For instance I want  to load an Excel sheet, which is on my pc or company network server. Everyday me or someone else makes an "fresh" update of this Excel sheet as an export from a specific program (unfortunately thats the reason it cannot get automated nor can it be put on a ODBC Data source or so), which might cointain daily changes. Lets call it Daily.xlsx. So this file gets overwritten from us everyday. I have the command already set in Qlik Data Script that this file needs to be reloaded with the daily-function everyday. 

Now in Qliksense I only can add local  files via the attached files button or dragging the file manually to the "plus" symbol. The problem now is that when I take a look in the Data Editor the load command looks like this: from [lib://AttachedFiles/Daily.xlsx] , which is not referring to the directory of the "real" location of the Data. So everyday someone does a new overwrite of this file its not change the datas in the Qlik App. The other option in Qlik Sense "Select file" where I can normally search the local harddisk, Qlik doesn't display any files or folder or datas at all. 

Also when I do something like this in the Data Editor: Load * from [lib://Qlik/Daily.xlsx] which is derived from my local harddisk C:\\Qlik\Daily.xlsx      I only get a error message. 

Hope someone knows the solution.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

c:\\Qlik\ is your local disc, I think, so you can't load from by starting script on server.

Bu there is a share folder

\\servername\sharefolder\StaticContent\AppContent\

and then a folder which is called like your app id.

there the attached file is stored.

as a sahre folder you can get access to write to.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

c:\\Qlik\ is your local disc, I think, so you can't load from by starting script on server.

Bu there is a share folder

\\servername\sharefolder\StaticContent\AppContent\

and then a folder which is called like your app id.

there the attached file is stored.

as a sahre folder you can get access to write to.

Regards

Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Martin,

The folder I talked about was just an example. Since I'm whether using QlikView nor Qliksense Dekstop I don't have any of these folders. The onlyfolder existing folder I found is dated back when I used Qlik  Desktop. I can see that the "last change" dates are from last year. So I know its definitely not created from the cloud based QlikSense. 

Don't you know another way to connect a "fixed" connection to Excel Files on local harddrives or servers?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

depending on your role or security rules in your envoriment you may can create a new folder connection in script editor.

Are you using Qlik Sense for Windows or in Cloud?

In Cloud, you only can load from "internet folders" like onedrive or another cloud storage

Regards

Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Martin, 

thanks again. I 'm using QlikSense for Cloud. 

You mean One Drive can also be an option? If I can upload it to a onedrive folder it would still be okay, since I can share that folder with others and can overwrite any Excel File which would be there. 

How to setup the connection with Microsoft's OneDrive? How to write it as lib://.......?

Do you have information I can look up on?