Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Loading Images from Column in Data

hi all,

PFA

I have 4 images that I uploaded to content library. so then I created a widget that displays these 4 images.

In my data I have created a column that I'd like to link to these 4 images, so if a user selects the end_nav_name field, the picture (Image) displays, instead of the column...

I reckon the end_nav_name has to link somehow to this IMG name, but its not working.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

8 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Loading Images from Column in Data

I think this is not possible in Qlik Sense; since the BUNDLE load is not supported yet.

@Michael_Tarallo ; correct me if I'm wrong

Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - (can you bot please confirm that you see this reply - I am replying to OMAR - but it should also go to the OP as well.)

Loading images from URLs in tables etc is not something that is supported out of the box, but there is a great extension for this on Qlik branch or what is known as https://developer.qlik.com/garden - the Garden:

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/56e8f64ee37930b98cf9dea4

I use it in my Video Game app - check it out:

http://marketing-qs-demo-p-01-alb-1284974549.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/sense/app/69ae38c4-2a94-457...

1-29-2019 12-03-26 PM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Hello Mike,
I can see your reply - thank you - I will definitely investigate
Regards
Lorna
lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Hello Mike

For some reason I could not access your App - 'Unable to connect to the QlikSense Engine'

Can you tell me, in short, more about what the workaround does? 

So my scenario - I have a dimension that contains the Name of the file. I have these *.png files on my hard drive. When my user makes a selection in this dimension, I need to display the image, or images 

I'm including a simple example. My images reside in C:\Users\f4645332\OneDrive - FRG\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

I have also created a widget (which you will see on the sheet) that displays the image, but it can only display one at a time.....

thank you so much

Thanks.

Employee
Employee

Hey Lorn -

Just for giggles can you try the link again? - it is working here - not sure why it would not be working for you.

BUT - yes that is exactly how this extension works - I have a directory of images and the extension picks them up from the server.  That's exactly what the screenshot I posted shows. For example, if I selected Robo Army  then big image shows. 

Here is the example of the code in the dimension for the image - please note I had to account for spaces and special characters in a previous version of this extension - BUT I believe that issue has been fixed. So note you may not have to build this expression to replace spaces etc.

=if
(
aggr(Count(Title),Title) = 1,
Replace(Replace(Replace( Replace([Title],' ','_'),'''','_'),':','_'),'/','_') & '.jpg ',
Replace(Replace(Replace( Replace([Title],' ','_'),'''','_'),':','_'),'/','_') & '_' & Replace([Platform],' ','_') & '.jpg'

)

Note my directory of the images:

1-30-2019 11-46-11 AM.png

1-30-2019 11-47-14 AM.png

My Qlik Sense Server and the file directory of the images

1-30-2019 11-51-27 AM.png

hope this helps!

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Highlighted
lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Hi Mike

Did you load the images into your QMC content library? I'm assuming its not necessary since you're pointing to the drive with the pics.

Ok so I must be super stupid because it seems so simple.....

Would you mind having a look at my app - its very simple (so that even I can understand :)-

I've done everything I though of...even changing the png's to jpg...I'm sure that the path to the pics are correct...

Thanks

Employee
Employee

Sure .zip it up and send it along as an attachment or send me a DM

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Hello Mike,

Just to follow up- did you receive the copy of my model that I sent?

Thanks