cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasmercer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Loading a manual .csv with 'month' column

I have a csv I'm loading with a column titled 'year-month', which contains dates formatted yyyy-mm. Qlik isn't recognising it as a date so I can't use calendar functions:

Qlik Screenshot.PNG

I can't figure out what I need to do to have Qlik recognise this as a date. Am I best off just formatting the date with days (with date being first of the month for all records) or is there another month/year syntax I can use that will be recognised?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you are seeing in CSV file? Does CSV holds in Date format? If so, We can use Date() around the field. If there is any Date format issue you can define as

Load Date(Date#(year_month, 'YYYY-MM')) as year_month From ...;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you are seeing in CSV file? Does CSV holds in Date format? If so, We can use Date() around the field. If there is any Date format issue you can define as

Load Date(Date#(year_month, 'YYYY-MM')) as year_month From ...;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
thomasmercer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Used your formula in the data manager to create a calculated column - does the trick!

Thanks!