Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading data from different Environments

Hi Folks,

I am curious whether we have a way in QlikSense to capture the environment and based on that we define a data load path.

For Example, we have three different environments Development, Quality and, Prod and for all the three environments the data path is different. So, is there a way that we can capture the environment means if we reload app in dev environment the data should pull from Development data and for Qual from Quality data and so on. Or any other ways to achieve this.

Right now we are using different files with path variable to define data paths.

I will be grateful if somebody can help me with this.

Thanks in Advance!

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kumari,

Perhaps you can create a mapping using the system function ComputerName() to get the servername and the corresponding data source connection or path and use this in your load script.

But this means maintaining the mapping outside of the QMC which I would not recommend for administration purposes as it is best practice to have Qlik Sense dev pointed to DEV data etc using data connections.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martijn,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to maintain the app in QMC and based on the instance am in I need to give the data path dynamically. Can you pls help with it.