Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading data via API connection

This is my API URL: http://api.bls.gov/publicAPI/v2/timeseries/data/SMS48101802000000001

I would like to know which setting I should use in teh Data Load Editor to load data.

8 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

I believe you will find your answers here:

bls.gov/developers/

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(25 articles)

Not applicable
Author

Robert,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. I have been to that page and spoken with 2 different representatives from the BLS. I hit a brick wall with that solution; I am a registered user and I should be able to connect at least 50 times, but I received this error message on the first or second attempt.

Also, there's no sign-in on either side. There's no place in Qlik for me to put my BLS user credentials. There isn't a place on the BLS website, either, honestly. I have no idea how to access the data. When I spoke with the BLS, they said I should reach out to Qlik. When I speak with the reps from Qlik, they say I should reach out to the BLS.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

What is the message?

Dealing with API is a bit tricky.

Yes they will send you back and forwards but I had the same issue with Slack.

I

Not applicable
Author

{"status":"REQUEST_NOT_PROCESSED","responseTime":0,"message":["Request could not be serviced, as the daily threshold for total number of requests allocated to the user has been reached."],"Results":{}}

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

So I believe in this case you should go to the BLS owners  for an  answers.

Did you reach your limit?

Not applicable
Author

No- I only attempted twice. I dont understand how BLS is tracking my attempts when I have not given my credentials; I think that may be part of the issue..

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

They see your IP..

Have a word with the support.

Not applicable
Author

will do. Thanks