Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkaaay
Contributor
Contributor

Loading identical rows / records into Qlik

Hello Community,

i am rather suprised to realize that Qlik does not load completly identical rows of an excel sheet as multiple entrys into the resulting table. In my usecase (accounting) it is very likley that some accounting records are completly identical.

I already consulted the qlik help site, but found nothing regarding this topic.

The following Load Script contains a total of 4 entrys, with two identical ones  (Auftrag 3). But the resulting table in qlik sense only contains the doublette once:

Spoiler

LOAD * INLINE [

Auftrag, Wert, Datum,
9, '3552,78', 31.03.2020,
2, '7970,81', 27.08.2020,
3, '2908,8', 31.12.2019,
3, '2908,8', 31.12.2019,

];

I already realized that making the records distinct would solve the problem:

Spoiler

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, Auftrag, Wert, Datum,
1, 9, '3552,78', 31.03.2020,
2, 2, '7970,81', 27.08.2020,
3, 3, '2908,8', 31.12.2019,
4, 3, '2908,8', 31.12.2019,

];

But to understand the logic of qlik better i would like to know if it is also possible to get these records into qlik without making them distinct in any kind. 

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, with your first table you can add an expression with Count(Auftrag), if it returns 4 it means that all rows have been loaded.

If you crete a table and set all fields as dimensions you will see only 3 rows because each combination of dimensions only shows once. i.e. if you have Auftrag and Datum as dimensionand Sum(Wert) as expression you only see 3 rows but for Aufrag=3 the sum of Wert will be 5817,16.

If you want a table that only shows all records, without any operation, yes, you need to add a field that is different.

mkaaay
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @rubenmarin ,

thanks for the immidiate response. I testet this and you are absolutly right.

So the datamanger works exacly like a qlik table then? I would have guessed it shows everything currently in the table.

Thanks & best regards

OmarBenSalem

If you put your data in a qlik's table it won't show the duplicate row BUT it's there stored in memory. I mean, if you count your rowns you'll have 4 rows and with count distinct you'll have 3