cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magertgen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Lock columns in table sort?

Hey all, I'm wondering if it's possible to 'lock' columns in a table sort?  I have a table where the first columns are an ID and a type of Forecast, Actual and Variance.

IDLine TypePriceMaterialsLaborService
1Forecast20102060
1Actual1852075
1Variance250(15)
2Forecast45603580
2Actual501003080
3Variance(5)(40)50

I need to lock the ID and Line Type columns so that they are always the primary sort, just like in the table above.  So each ID and it's Forecast, Actual and Variance are always together in that order no matter what column heading is clicked on to change the sort.

Can this be done without using an extension?

Thanks,

~Mark

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@magertgen hopefully the following Help Doc link will be of some help on this one:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/chan...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
magertgen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Brett, thanks for the reply.  I don't think I can do what I need without an extension of some kind and I have very few options with my client.

Thanks,

~Mark