cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator

Looking to replicate Qlikview's triggers/actions in QlikSense

Hi, I am currently moving my nprinting projects from Qlikview to the latest Qliksense. The reports are heavily dependant on triggers + alternate states. I noticed QS for some reason is extremely limited with this. Is there extensions or something that can be added to QS that will enable me to replicate the triggers?

Some examples are: clearing all selections on opening the qvf (but not switching sheets). When selecting a value in one field, a value in another field will be selected. When changing the value in the first field, the second field is cleared. Then these triggers could be repeated for 2 more alternate states.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @AyCe1082  have you seen this extension 

Sheet Navigation + Actions for Qlik Sense. 

does this help you out ? 

Also this may help

How-to-Impliment-Trigger-conept-in-qlik-sense 

AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey thanks for the reply.

The first link doesn't seem to be the solution. I understand that it creates a button you click? I would need it to be set up so when nprinting selects or changes a field, it will do the same in another field in more than one alternate state.

I'm glad there is at least a possibility to install triggers via extenstions but I'm hoping someone already created one like this as the project has to be moved and working as soon as possible. 

AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

I have found this extension which at the moment seems to be exactly what I need and hopefully isn't buggy. It would also need the additional ability to select an alternate state for each trigger.

https://github.com/mcgovey/qlik-sense-action-triggers