I would like to know if macros and vbscript api would be in the future at qliksense? or there would be another api that we can use
thank you a lot
First, it is intended for the "self-service" users who in most cases not proficient in vbscript.
Second, the technology used to build Qlik Sense doesn't allow this.
It was the Beta Community, here is the answer:
I received some advice from Ingemar Carlo on this. The object IDs can be found using a utility that allows you to view each object singularly.
- Open the following URL http://localhost:4848/resources/single.html
- Click on the app containing the object you want
- Then click on the object that you want. You will find the object id in the URL.
I managed to get the example working as follows:
- Take the examples from the help pages, ie. mashup.js and mashup.html and put them into an IIS sub-directory on the same PC where you are running QV.Next
- The references in the config to window.location.hostname and window.location.port also don’t make sense in an IIS context. Change these to “localhost” and 4848.
That should be all that is required.
Even if Qlik Sense Desktop is a locally installed application it is in reality a web application with a tiny web server all packaged up with chromium embedded framework.
Since the migration over to web you can no longer use the traditional COM-layer that was/is available in QlikView Desktop and IE-plugin.
Want to build a .net application that talks with the Sense Engine? Sure you can do that.
Want to build an iOS app that talks with the Sense Engine? Sure you can do that.
Automate the creation of apps and load script? Sure you can do that.
I think you get the picture
Where in QlikView you have a great COM-interface it is sadly limited to Windows. With Qlik Sense you can run your code anywhere and in whatever language you want.