Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

simotrab
Contributor III

Re: Make analysis on the excluded from a selection

I've found that a great result should be a simple filter or table that, when you select a product, shows the place where the product is not sold (i.e. the dark grey in Qlik). Exactly the opposite of the usual Qlik.

I've tried several formula and idea, and I think it should be managed with dimension, because measures say "blank" or "null" where the product is not sold, in a way that I've not found how to make it usable.

Any idea?

Highlighted
sarahplymale
Contributor

I have added a sheet that I think does something like you are looking for to your sample (attached).  This will show a table when you pick a particular product that contains only the places where that product is not sold.

I am using the measure below which will show 1 if the selected product is not sold in that place:

sum( {$< product =,

place = E({1<product={$(= chr(39) & if(GetSelectedCount(product), GetFieldSelections(product)) &chr(39))} >}) >} 1 )

I then further added a calculation condition so that the table won't show if you have more than 1 product picked.

You have to select the products one by one for this to work.

Best,

Sarah

sarahplymale
Contributor

Even better to use:

only( {$< product =,

place = E({1<product={$(= chr(39) & if(GetSelectedCount(product), GetFieldSelections(product)) &chr(39))} >}) >} place )

Which will show the name of the place instea of the number 1 if the product is not sold there.

Sarah

simotrab
Contributor III

Thank you,

that's what I needed. I was trying to use the GetFieldSelections() but I did not reach a feasible result, your is great.