Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III

Manage Properties in Qlik Sense Hub (June 2018)

Hi experts,

We have recently upgraded our Qlik Sense Enterprise version to the June 2018 release. However, now in the hub when right-clicking an app in my work section, I see the option 'manage properties'. This is something that I don't want to be visible to end users.

I checked the security rules and see that 1 security rule has been created regarding this. I disabled it but the option is still there. Any idea how I can remove it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers,

Stijn

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stijn,

I am also interested for such a case, have you got a solution already?

Best regards!

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I do not have access to Security rules but it would be good if you can copy paste this new security rule?

I'm sure you'd have to make this new security adjustments on either app level or stream level for your set of group or user(s).

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the Security Rule :

As you can see, I have also disabled it, but like Stijn mentioned the option 'manage properties' still exists, but you can not choose a custom property anymore.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

What are your stream or app properties?

lucienorrin
Creator
Creator

We just upgraded from Nov2017 and discovered the same. This should not be visible by default to users.

Anyone find a solution?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe try

1. Disable this default rule

2. Create same exact rule with new conditions

Everything should be same as default except use

user.roles="Root Admin"

or whatever your user role is... or user.name="YOURUSERNAMEHERE"

End users are able to do this cus default condition is set to allow them to manage it.

stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shahbaz,

I tried your proposed solution but unfortunately it is not working. Thanks for thinking on this though!

Cheers,

Stijn

rittermd
Master
Master

That rule is only allowing the ability to Read the properties.  Not update them.   Are you sure that a regular user (non admin type)  can actually still see this option?

lucienorrin
Creator
Creator

In my case the user can read the properties from the HUB and appears to have the ability to change them.

When they try and change them they get an access denied "app properties could not be updated".

In my case users have no reason to see this information and it serves no purpose other than creating additional confusion.