Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III

Manage Properties in Qlik Sense Hub (June 2018)

Hi experts,

We have recently upgraded our Qlik Sense Enterprise version to the June 2018 release. However, now in the hub when right-clicking an app in my work section, I see the option 'manage properties'. This is something that I don't want to be visible to end users.

I checked the security rules and see that 1 security rule has been created regarding this. I disabled it but the option is still there. Any idea how I can remove it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers,

Stijn

12 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Just disable the rule and see if the user can still see this?

thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, as I can remember the manage properties option is only available in case you have a custom property defined which could be assigned to apps. If you delete your custom property the manage property dialogue disappears.

I couldn´t find an option to limit the custom properties or the values of them for users by using a security rule.

Regards, Thomas

Please mark helpful / correct if applicable

stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Thomas,

This could work, but I am actually using custom properties on app level as well. As Lucien mentioned as well, when users try to work with them they get the 'not allowed' pop up. At this point it is mostly inconvenient that users are asking questions about the functionality, where I would prefer they don't know about it at all by removing the option entirely.

Thanks for the support guys!

Cheers,

Stijn