Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manager "where exists" in Sense Data Manager

Hi I know how to do where exists in script, but is it possible to manage where exists in Data Manager? If I go in add my own code, then I am not able to use Data Manager any more. Fellow qlikies, do you prefer writing script as QlikView, or use Sense Data Manager? I like the feature that Sense Data Manager detects geo data and also adds date formats to date columns. But also it decreases flexibility.

I'd like to hear how you manage the data - old way or new way, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

No, only normal association is available, which is by default (full outer join).
You can associate your tables with the data load manager, then change your joins and add what you wanna add in the script.

But, as I said, if you already know your source and you don't need Qlik to tell you which fields should join 2 tables (with its algorith); I prefer to work with the script.

Unless you want to have GeoData or work with the AutoCalendar and its time expression (Yearly, Monthly etc)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

I only use data manager if I want to prepare and create geodata. Once done, I turn up to the script.

Omar,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Omar, but what do you do when you realize geodata is needed later? If you start with script, can data manager still render data?

OmarBenSalem

Sure, you can begin with script; then add your table containing GeoData with the load editor.

You can combine the 2 approaches in the same application.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oh and I forgot - is where exists or left/right join available in Data Manager?

OmarBenSalem

No, only normal association is available, which is by default (full outer join).
You can associate your tables with the data load manager, then change your joins and add what you wanna add in the script.

But, as I said, if you already know your source and you don't need Qlik to tell you which fields should join 2 tables (with its algorith); I prefer to work with the script.

Unless you want to have GeoData or work with the AutoCalendar and its time expression (Yearly, Monthly etc)