Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Map object - correct map is not showing...

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with my problem

I am working on a Qlik Sense appliaction with a Map Object with longitude and latitude data for addresses in Sweden. This information comes from a file with longitude and latitude data.

I am  trying to use a Slippy Map, however, when I copy the URL from to Qlik/Open Street Map, I get a map for Africa....

Anyone out there who knows what's wrong...?

Thank you for your help!!!

//Michelle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Michelle,

Check if your GeoMakePoint(Lat,Long) function is working as expected. Are you passing in the right values to the function?

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Check whether the latitude and longitudes are correct?

Regards,

Jagan.

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Jagan

Thanks for your tip. I have already tested one lat/long and that one was correct.

Regards

Michelle

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Michelle,

Check if your GeoMakePoint(Lat,Long) function is working as expected. Are you passing in the right values to the function?

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michelle,

Sangram is on the right path - a good tip is to place your output from the GeoMakePoint function in a table and see what the output is along with your cities, that way you can verify the city and coordinates.

I attached an app and some sample Lat and Long data for Sweden so you can compare I got it from here:

Check this out: Complete List of Sweden Postal Codes | AggData

Please copy .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I had put longitude and latitude in the wrong position in the function... SIGH

Thanks for your help!!