If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.
I just noticed this happened in a recent update, that mapping load does not work it used to?
Link to demo QVF, you can download this to check out the scenario.
Assume we have a list of transactions, the SKU field contains things like:
And we want to apply map to another reference table:
Three ways to do this:
1) Leave the fields untouch, import and load as is
2) Convert the SKU field to text with text() at the load statement
3) Convert the field inside the apply map statement.,
Applymap('SKU to Type',"SKU.Original",'Not Found') as [Mapped Type-Original],
Applymap('SKU to Type',"SKU.Text",'Not Found') as [Mapped Type-Text],
Applymap('SKU to Type',text("SKU.Original"),'Not Found') as [Mapped Type-ConvertApplyMap]
1) doesnt work as expected
3) Used to work, now does not work anymore.
1) Anyone faced this issue?
2) Is my understanding of the issue correct?
3) Bug? Or Feature?
Attaching the excel file used