Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Make your voice heard! Participate in the 2020 Wisdom of Crowds® Survey. BEGIN SURVEY
Highlighted
Not applicable

Maps problem Qlik Sense

Hello Felllows,

I have question with regards to the Qlik Sense Map charting. I have watched the video tutorials and manage to successfully add a new dimension an assign it as Geo object which then appears on the map but only when I add additional column to my excel data with Longitude and Latitude. Lets say I need to analyze millions of data is there any way I can skip the manual add of every single city geographic Longitude and Latitude as this would be crazy. Whit the new Excel Power Map, I am able to quickly visualize my data by naming the City or Country in a simple column ..... Please Help as I would like to continue using the Qlik Sense fancy software. Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Re: Maps problem Qlik Sense

create a separate sheet with

City, Lat, Lon

and load it with your data that will sync with the actual data City column (col names should be same)

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Lakshmikandh,

Thanks for the prompt reply. However I think you didnt get my question. I do not want to involve Lat and Lon ... I have City which should be readable by the software. Image I have 200 000 records with different cities and villages in small provinces.... Why should I manually add every single Lat and Lon, while other software like Tableau and Excel Power Map do not request Lat and Lon ... I should probably get GeoQlik....

Highlighted
lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

yes try GeoQlik its getting integrated with Qlik