cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaishu_Novartis
Contributor
Contributor

Market Shares by Period

Here is the requirement where I need to calculate the market share of Sub Brands under a single brand for a period. Like in January, there are 2 sub brands under a brand with a value each. For each sub brand I first need to calculate the market share by period which I was able to achieve by a set.

Additionally some sub brands are launched in a different month like February, there are three sub brands where from above scenario one sub brand gets launched in February which will start having values.So for 2 sub brands, January is M1 and for the third February is M1 based on Launch Period which will have market shares based on regular reporting period.

Now I need to achieve a chart which compares the market share of Sub Brands calculated by Reporting period plotted against a dimension M1,M2,M3 with their market shares. On a nutshell, I need to know how much is the market share is getting high/low based on their Launch periods.

Would be nice if suggestions are given.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Yoshidaqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

I believe that in this case can go controlling with TOTAL

subbrand / brand

Sum(total <subbrand,brand> Value) / Sum(total <brand> Value)

Regards 

YoshidaQlik https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1I9P8MqCZEhB6Nw3FdSqng
Vaishu_Novartis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

You are right.That is how you should write set expressions to get market share percentages for a reporting period but I need a graph which shows me Launch Period and its market share. For Example,

Period,Value,Brand,Sub Brand,Launch Month

1,20,B,B1,Jan

1,20,B,B2,Jan

2,20,B,B1,Jan

2,20,B,B2,Jan

2,20,B,B3,Feb

Launch month of B1 subbrand is January.,which is M1 for SubBrand B1.

Launch month of B1 subbrand is February,which is M1 for SubBrand B3.

Likewise i need to have M1,M2  as Dimensions and Sub Brand as Dimesnions and graph should should show market shares in their reporting period against M1,M2. but calculated by Reporting Period.

Yoshidaqlik
Creator II
Creator II

In this case I think it would be better to create this dimension period M1, M2 etc in the script with the function peek

In the visualization part would have to assemble a classified Aggr and use the functions above and above (column) for comparison of brands to be able to return the M1 and M2 correctly

YoshidaQlik https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1I9P8MqCZEhB6Nw3FdSqng