Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Market share

Good day to everyone.

I am in a BI project, in this project I have to show the participation of a business in front of its competition, both belonging to the same line.

Example

"In an urban area there are 5 record stores:

SHOP A,

SHOP B,

SHOP C,

SHOP D

SHOP E,

all these stores represent 100%, but I need to know the percentage of the SHOP A compared to the other stores (these have to be grouped as "Market") so that this way you can read something like this: SHOP A has a participation of 19% against its market which is 81%.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very very much!

You have helped me a lot, you just would mind explaining the next part of the expression:

$ (= Concat (DISTINCT chr (39) & FAM_N_GIRO & chr (39), ','))

Please

swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's a dollar sign expansion.

It will just input a list of possible FAM_N_GIRO values, comma separated and quoted in the calculated dimension, before the expression gets parsed and evaluated, like a preprocessor text replacement.

The Magic of Dollar Expansions

rubenmarin

Hi Diego, if the question is already solved, please check the appropiate helpful/correct answers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thaks!

Your answer help me a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good day!

The answer you gave me was correct.

I made a bar graph and on measure put the following function:

= Sum ({<FAM_N_GIRO =>} AMOUNT)

And I see two bars: one for "Market" and the other for the family that I select, but in the "amount" for "market" I omit the amount of the selected family.

My question is: How can I do so that in "Market" I see the total of all families and apart from the family selected?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not quite sure that I understand your last sentence.You want to see in Market the total value including the amount of the selected family?

With QlikView, it would be just a bar chart without a dimension and two expressions,

=Sum(AMOUNT)

=Sum ({<FAM_N_GIRO =>} AMOUNT)

two compare the selected AMOUNT against the total.

QlikSense does not allow a bar chart without a dimension, but you can create a synthetic, calculated dimension using ValueList():

=Valuelist('$(=Only(FAM_N_GIRO))','Market')

and a single expression:

=If(Valuelist('$(=Only(FAM_N_GIRO))','Market')='$(=Only(FAM_N_GIRO))',

Sum(AMOUNT),

Sum({<FAM_N_GIRO>} AMOUNT)

)