Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shivanandk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Mashup and Custom Extension

Hi All,

I am looking for step by step instruction on configuring custom extension and using them in Mashup using Visual Studio.

I have installed the custom extension sense-UI field on the Qlik Sense server, and able to use in the hub in the app.

Inline image 2

When I try to use the customer extension in MVC project in Visual Studio(steps as per Qlik help website), I see the following display of Invalid visualization. I researched in community and  Qlik help but could not find any good answer for the issue.

Inline image 1

I would appreciate any help on the step.

Thank you in advance,

SK

7 Replies
s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

This is an issue with CORS enabled browsers.

Issue :- CORS is not enabled on custom extensions, hence Preflight request from javascript (HTTP OPTIONS to https://hostname/qrs/extension/schema?xrfkey=xrfkey) does not return "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" response header. So the access to custom extensions is blocked.

Proof Below :-

Added response header "Access-Control-Allow-Origin = * " to the preflight request and below is the custom extension rendered without any issue.

Support ticket to Qlik to enable CORS, or allow access to the request origin may solve the issue.

Mashup.png

Without "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" response header, custom extension will not be shown.

DataConnectoins.png

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Please add the images to your post or host them in a location that is not forbidden to open.

Thank you,

Qlik Community Team

May you live in interesting times!
s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

shivanandk‌ We can add additional response headers to Virtual Proxy using below advanced settings.

ResponseHeaders.PNG

Please mark this reply as "Correct"/"Helpful" if this resolves your issue.

shivanandk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Praveena. It worked ! Appreciate your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Praveena,

Where can I find the virtual proxy settings?

Thank you,

André Silva

s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi andresilva‌ , you should be able to see that in Qlik management console -> Virtual Proxies -> Select your virtual proxy -> Edit

ernstblaauw
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Currently, I am developing on Qlik Sense Desktop (April 2019). So, I have no Management Console. Do you know how I can enable this feature?