Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mass authentication fails of Qlik Sense on domain controllers

Hi.

I'm new with QS and as system administrator has such issue:

QS installed on domain server, all services starting under local user (not domain).

All working fine with authentication, users able to login using local or domain accounts.

But. QS constantly trying to do LDAP-requests to domain controllers, using it's local account. And getting "Unknown user name or bad password." of course. It happens about 140 times per minute, constantly.

How can I fix this behavior without changing service account to domain?

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change the User Name and Password properties of the User Directory connector you created:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/create-user-director...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, I have no user directories at all

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then create one. Or just have your firewall drop those requests.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried to create Active Directory user connector. Nothing changed. Scheduler service trying to do LDAP-requests (also, they are not SSL\TLS - unencrypted by 389 port) and NTLM authentication.

As I see in documentation, local and AD-authentication should work automatically if server is a domain member.

Closing requests by firewall - is not a solution, it's dirty trick.

So, I'm looking, is it by bad design of application (or bug) or some misconfiguration.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No idea. Perhaps jog knows.

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Good Morning,

we're experiencing your same issue. Did you find a solution? What we noticed is that the IpPort changes on every request, incrementing its value (e.g. 56180, 56181, and so on)

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Paolo.