Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Master Item or Variables aren't visible to users in published app

Hi,

We have published the application with section access and sheet level restriction by creating security rules for restricted users.

For the same application, all the restricted users can't able to see the master items. Kindly help regarding this.

Best Regards,

Mohan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

Could it be a parenthesis issue.  I just see the pair at the start and the end.  So you are mixing your Ands and Ors probably not the way you intended.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Do we have any help on this?

rittermd
Master
Master

What do you mean when you say that they can't see the master items?  Do these users have the ability to create their own content and they don't see them in the list in Edit mode on a new sheet?

I'm just not clear on what the issue is?

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Mark,

The user with restriction can see the Master visualisation but not the measure or dimension. here is my rule,

1: Business User

((user.@User_Type="Users" and resource.name != "*ZSM" or resource.objectType="masterobject" or  or resource.objectType="measure" or resource.objectType="dimension"))

2: Restricted User

((user.@User_Type="Users" and resource.name like "*ZSM" or resource.objectType="masterobject" or resource.objectType="measure" or resource.objectType="dimension"))

It's quite strange to see even though I add measure/dimension, a restricted user couldn't see the measure/dimension.

Best Regards,

Mohan

rittermd
Master
Master

Could it be a parenthesis issue.  I just see the pair at the start and the end.  So you are mixing your Ands and Ors probably not the way you intended.

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Mark,

Either way, end result is the same. "Incomplete Visualisation" for the objects having master measure/dimension.

((user.@User_Type="Restricted User" and resource.name like "*ZSM") or (resource.objectType="masterobject" or resource.objectType="dimension" or resource.objectType="measure"))

informnes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Mohan,

I know what you talking about. I had the same problem.

I developed a custom security role concept and you have to be very careful.

You need to allow the users to see (read App.Object_*) in order to display the diagram.

But if you do this, the creater (from this master visualization) can develop master measure, dimensions and visualization in published apps and normal users can not difference wheater this KPI or Dimension was published from your Qlik Sense Team or from the Creator (whichs created the KPIs and vizualiation)

So you only would give very few people (probably only application owners the right to create kpis, dimensions und vizualtions).

So here is what you gonna need to do.

You need

Resource Filter: App.Object_*

Actions: Read

((user.@User_Type="Restricted User" and resource.name like "*ZSM") or and (resource.objectType="masterobject" or resource.objectType="dimension" or resource.objectType="measure")

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

((user.@User_Type="Restricted User") and (resource.objectType = "sheet" or resource.name="*ZSM") or (resource.objectType="masterobject" or resource.objectType="dimension" or resource.objectType="measure"))

It work's, after adding resource.objectType="sheet".

harry_denboer
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, 

This addition: 

(resource.objectType="masterobject" or resource.objectType="dimension" or resource.objectType="measure")

helped me the keep visualisations populated with data.

Because if you filter on objectType ="Sheet" to only show allowed sheets then it will not show the other object types like measures, dimensions and Masteritems.