Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Match Function with array of values

Trying to use the Match Function against an array of values. I have an array of time values in Field "HourArray". Next I wrote a calculated dimension using the Match Function. and named it "Working Y/N" in the pivot table. My intent is for the Match Function to find the match for the single digit hour in field "HourOfDay" in the array stored in field "HourArray" , and have the result returned as Working or Not Working in field "Working Y/N". The match always returns 0. I have tried removing the single quotes in the array to no avail. If anyone has some insight to this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All.

Array.tif

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Re: Match Function with array of values

HelpWithArrays.PNG.pngSo i don't understand the format of the array, but if the array is actually just a field from the data model, a common way to do the same thing is with the CONCAT and substringcount function. Does this help ?

5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Match Function with array of values

Hi Sheldon

Please post your questions so people can read them properly.

Thanks in advance

-Matt

I accept cookies.
Not applicable

Trying to use the Match Function against an array of values. I have an array of time values in Field "HourArray". Next I wrote a calculated dimension using the Match Function. and named it "Working Y/N" in the pivot table. My intent is for the Match Function to find the match for the single digit hour in field "HourOfDay" in the array stored in field "HourArray" , and have the result returned as Working or Not Working in field "Working Y/N". The match always returns 0. I have tried removing the single quotes in the array to no avail. If anyone has some insight to this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All.

Array.tif

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks! I updated the first post for you

I accept cookies.
Employee
Employee

Re: Re: Match Function with array of values

HelpWithArrays.PNG.pngSo i don't understand the format of the array, but if the array is actually just a field from the data model, a common way to do the same thing is with the CONCAT and substringcount function. Does this help ?

Not applicable

The SubString Count Function was exactly what was  needed! Thanks Jonathan!

Community Browser