Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

vanand3535
Contributor

Match vs WildMatch vs MixMatch

Hi all,

I have just gone through the Qlik site but I'm not clear when exactly we should use Match or WildMatch or MixMatch?

Can you please give one -one example of each one. So, that I can clearly differentiate among all these three.

I only understand from Qlik site that Match is case sensitive and WildMatch and MixMatch is not case-sensitive.

I often use WildMatch for Renaming the Dimension Values in my Qlik Projects.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaumecf23
Contributor III

Re: Match vs WildMatch vs MixMatch

In the help of Qlikview you can find some information of what you need. Here you have the link of these three functions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ConditionalFun...

4 Replies
jaumecf23
Contributor III

In the help of Qlikview you can find some information of what you need. Here you have the link of these three functions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ConditionalFun...

sagar_puri
New Contributor III

Hi Vivek,

Match() is used for a case sensitive comparison. It matches the exact searchstring you pass in the function.

for Example: Match(Name,'Vivek') , returns true if a person's name is exactly Vivek (V caps).

WildMatch is used for a match where a string can be part of the search string.

For example :Match(Name,'Vivek') will return true if a person's name is Vivek, Vivekanand or some other string containing Vivek in it.

MixMatch is same as Match but it is case insensitive.

Regards,

Sagar.

vanand3535
Contributor

thanks

vanand3535
Contributor

I have one doubt that when I'm using Match then I'm not getting correct output but when I'm using wildmatch then only I'm getting correct output why this happening?