Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnmolUdhlani
Contributor
Contributor

Maximum Percent Change in a Year based on conditions in SET Analysis

Hi Guys! 

I just started using Qlik sense and now pretty much stuck while using SET analysis. Would really appreciate the help from our community. Here is the format of Data I have:

ManufacturerBrandYear Values
AA120185
AA220187
AA320188
AA120176
AA220178
AA3201710
BB120184
BB220182
BB320184
BB120175
BB220172
BB320176

I want to create a table using a chart object in which the first column is "Manufacturer" and the second column is the "Max % change for any product by that Manufacturer"

Here is the final output that  I need:

ManufacturerMax % Chng 
A25%
B50%

That is 25% in A3 by Manufacturer A, and 50% in B3 for manufacturer B.

Looking for some advice. 

3 Replies
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, can you please explain how you calculate the "Max % change" - how did you find the values 25% and 50%? How would you calculate this in Excel? I do not understand the measure..
AnmolUdhlani
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply.

Here in my example, For example:

If for the manufacturer A, the % change in value from 2019 to 2020 is 10% for Product A1, 20% for Product A2 and 25% for Product A3. I want 25% to show up besides  'A' and same goes for Manufacturer B. The % change  in value of a product which is maximum should show up in the second column besides the column for the Manufacturer.

Can we do this through the Script Editor if not through the chart expressions?

Appreciate your help!

TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, I think this is double in the front-end by using the aggr() function. It is certainly possible in the script editor. However, I first need to fully understand your exact needs, and unfortunatly, I still do not get it... You provided example data of 2017 and 2018 but your example in the previous comment is from 2019 and 2020. Please provide an example calculation/description including numbers so that I can relate them. After that I can provide and expression or script.