Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator

Measure not dividing by variable amount

Hi there,

I'm trying to calculate percentage values in a table.

I've created a variable called (AC - DWS) which calculates the total number of records for a measure. This calculates and I can output the results to a text box:

p1.jpg

I'm using this variable to divide by the total records for a particular dimension., If I manually add the result as a number, the division works:

P2.jpg

If I use the result of the variable, it doesn't:

P3.jpg

Any idea why? It also doesn't work if I add the calculation used to get the variable value:

Count({1<[Ops Function]={'Drinking Water'}, DataSource={'Alarms'}, [Alarm Status]={3}, Date={'>=$(=Date($(vTodaysDate)))'}>} AlarmCount)

Any help gratefully received!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Did you try adding a '=' before your Count function in the variable?

=Count({1<[Ops Function]={'Drinking Water'}, DataSource={'Alarms'}, [Alarm Status]={3}, Date={'>=$(=Date($(vTodaysDate)))'}>} AlarmCount)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Neil,

Can you please tell me or show me the expression how you are creating the variable ?

sunny_talwar

Did you try adding a '=' before your Count function in the variable?

=Count({1<[Ops Function]={'Drinking Water'}, DataSource={'Alarms'}, [Alarm Status]={3}, Date={'>=$(=Date($(vTodaysDate)))'}>} AlarmCount)

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you - that worked. The odd thing is that it had already been working up till we had 3.0 installed, so perhaps the syntax has been tightened on variable creation.

sunny_talwar

I think this blogs talk about what we just saw

The Magic of Variables

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

I'll read that one thoroughly! Thank you for all your help (again!)

sunny_talwar

No problem at all

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rohit,

All solved thank you - Sunny (posts below) showed me the way....

Thank you for posting tho!

Neil