Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure not working as desired

Hi all,

I have the below measure with set analysis:

SUM({<[CloseDate]={'>=$(vMaxDateLastMonthStart)<=$(vMaxDateLastMonthEnd)'}>}Sales)

vMaxDateLastMonthStart: =date(num(Monthstart(MonthStart(max(CloseDate))-1)))

vMaxDateLastMonthEnd: =date(num(MonthStart(max(CloseDate))-1))

The measure works fine when I select this month but when I select last month, the measure becomes zero.

The date variables however are fine. I.e. when I select say July, vMaxDateLastMonthStart shows June 1st & vMaxDateLastMonthEnd shows June 30th.

Is there anything wrong with my set analysis? How come it works only for the current month but the previous months become zero.

Regards,

SS.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

It will work... your month selection will drive Max(Close Date) which will show you the result you want to see.... but the problem is that as soon as you select a month, the other months zero out.... that is why you need to ignore Month and probably the year field.... give it a shot and see if it doesn't work

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be you just need to ignore selection in Month field?

Sum({<[CloseDate]={'>=$(vMaxDateLastMonthStart)<=$(vMaxDateLastMonthEnd)'}, Month, Year>}Sales)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah no, I want them to work.

If I have selected June then the measure should display sales of May.

Any ideas how my date variables are working but my measure says a big fat zero?

sunny_talwar

It will work... your month selection will drive Max(Close Date) which will show you the result you want to see.... but the problem is that as soon as you select a month, the other months zero out.... that is why you need to ignore Month and probably the year field.... give it a shot and see if it doesn't work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Perfect thanks.