Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Merge Data from Apps: Best strategy?

Hi all,

Habe 4 Apps which obtain data from differents sources. there are daily jobs for each app to update data daily. Each of these Apps have an own datamodel and own visualisations.

Would like to create an app or a sheet to combine all these data (also on daily basis) to be able to make new analysis. What is the best approach, in consideration of not uploading to much data, obtaining the same data many times, performance issues etc.?

Thank you for your ideas.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shivanisapkale
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

As each app is saving data in its own peculiar time. After Loading just Store each app table into qvd and use that qvd in your main app.

Regards,

Shivani 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
shivanisapkale
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

As each app is saving data in its own peculiar time. After Loading just Store each app table into qvd and use that qvd in your main app.

Regards,

Shivani 

george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi Shivani,

This works, but:

1) how to deal with the different datamodels in one app? -> Synthetic Keys will be generated (e.g. Calendar-Dates)
2)  Would like to have the same sheets in the new app. As I know there is no way to copy/paste. So do I have to copy/paste every object and alle expressions on it?

3) Alle Master-Item it must rebuild, correct ?

Regards,

George

Thanks.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

About the best I can recommend is reviewing the following:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataModeling/best-pr...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Troubleshooting/trou...

You may need some other Help links too, but hopefully the above gets you on the right track.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
JeromeS
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

1) If you want to perform new analysis based on the data of the three applications, you will need to create a new associative data model (This can be challenging depending on the complexity of the data models)

2) You can copy paste qlik objects but of course the master measures and dimensions or fields used in expressions must be available in the application

3) Correct.