Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bethany_
Contributor II
Contributor II

Merging unlinked dates into one

Hello,

I am trying to connect two sets of data together so I can filter them with one filter by the created date.

I have a list of jobs and the date they were created. I also have a list of reports and the date they were created. Jobs and reports are independent of each other - in many cases, a job will lead to a report, but multiple jobs could relate to one report, a report could not relate to any job at all, or a job could be created from a report. 

At the moment, if I filter for April 2019 on reports I see all April 2019 reports and jobs that are linked to an April report whenever they were. Likewise, filtering for April 2019 on jobs, I see all April 2019 jobs and reports that are linked to an April 2019 job.

This means the non-filtered measure is wrong as it a) only picks up ones where it's linked to the first measure and b) ignores ones un-linked ones, and c) picks up ones outwith the time frame as the primary measure falls in to the right time.

I basically have one table with Job Number and Job Created Date, and one with Report Number and Report Created Date, and need to be able to filter on one overall Created Date.

I have looked at canonical dates, but as I don't have a single unifying piece of data I'm not sure this is the right solution. I'm quite new to Sense (and have been chucked in to the deep end by myself!) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies