Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AsifS
Contributor
Contributor

Metric Value Aggregation issue

Hi,

I have a fact column in the fact table with quarter as one of the dimension, when I just create the metric on the fact column it is not aggregating across all quarters , but it is showing some sigle row value. This is in Qlik Sense. Anyone has idea?

Image 3.PNG

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is Admin Fee% a measure or dimension? Also, how do you get 0.02?

AsifS
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Admin Fee% is a Metric, Its a Fact table column which gives the percentage value. Ideally 0.02 means 2% effectively.

Hope this helps !
AsifS
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OOPS! By the way M1 metric is nothing but Admin Fee %,
sunny_talwar

@AsifS wrote:
Admin Fee% is a Metric, Its a Fact table column which gives the percentage value. Ideally 0.02 means 2% effectively.

Hope this helps !

But what is the logic behind getting 0.02? In other words, how do you derive 0.02 from the sample image you have shown?

AsifS
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Well The Metric Formula is Sum(Admin Fee %) , just a summation on the column. For instance you can see that it is populating correctly in the grid for every quarter, But let say if I select 2013-Q2 and 2014-Q2 from the filter then my M1 object which is nothing but a KPI object for Admin Fee % metric should aggregate the data for the two selected quarters.(0.03+0.01) this dynmic aggregation is not happening. Not sure if this is the issue with the model.
sunny_talwar

But how are you evening getting this 0.03 and 0.01

image.png

From the image we see that 2013-Q2 is associated with 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04 and 2014-Q2 is associated with 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04.. so I expect to see 0.01+0.02+0.03+0.04+0.01+0.02+0.03+0.04 = 2?