Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macaruso
Contributor
Contributor

Migrate Qlik Sense Server Jun-17 to Sep-18

Hello, good day!

I need to perform an update of the QS Server. Currently, I develop my boards in the latest version of Qlik Sense Desktop (September 2018). At the time of posting the board in QS Server, I noticed that they did not display the map nor the style templates that I had developed. Inquiring into the configurations of the Server, I verified that the version thereof dates from June 2017. Is this the reason for this?

In case you need to update the Server, I get the following queries:

1. What impact will it have on the boards that I already have published?
  2. What steps does the Server update require?
  3. Are the Qlik Sense Server versions released at the same time as the Qlik Sense Desktop versions?

I appreciate the help you can give me.

Best regards,

Martín.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

1. What impact will it have on the boards that I already have published? Should be fine. but always check release notes for any deprecation . Also do a regression test of all apps. If you test in latest desktop and things are working fine it should be ok. depending on the structure of you environment i would do a upgrade of test environment first
  2. What steps does the Server update require? See link below . Contact Qlik support as well they are usually helpful
  3. Are the Qlik Sense Server versions released at the same time as the Qlik Sense Desktop versions? Yes i believe so

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sens...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

1. What impact will it have on the boards that I already have published? Should be fine. but always check release notes for any deprecation . Also do a regression test of all apps. If you test in latest desktop and things are working fine it should be ok. depending on the structure of you environment i would do a upgrade of test environment first
  2. What steps does the Server update require? See link below . Contact Qlik support as well they are usually helpful
  3. Are the Qlik Sense Server versions released at the same time as the Qlik Sense Desktop versions? Yes i believe so

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sens...

macaruso
Contributor
Contributor
Author

dilipranjith, Thank you very much for the answer.

It has been very helpful.

Regards,

Martín.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

no problems