Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancy_sbeity
Partner - Contributor III

Migrate objects from QlikView to Qlik Sense

Hello,

I am trying to migrate my application from QlikView to Qlik Sense. I searched for this and till now I can migrate data, dimensions and expressions. Is there any way to migrate objects (charts, sliders..) ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

The charts will not migrate from View to Sense because of the way they are built.  The Data model for your data load will however come across like for like.  Copy and paste your load script into Sense and it should work fine.  Note if you are using variables, triggers etc.. in your View dashboard these also won't work in Sense as not currently supported you will need to find workarounds possibly using extensions.  Go to Qlik Branch to checkout what people have been creating for Sense.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

The charts will not migrate from View to Sense because of the way they are built.  The Data model for your data load will however come across like for like.  Copy and paste your load script into Sense and it should work fine.  Note if you are using variables, triggers etc.. in your View dashboard these also won't work in Sense as not currently supported you will need to find workarounds possibly using extensions.  Go to Qlik Branch to checkout what people have been creating for Sense.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

nancy_sbeity
Author

Thank you Andy,

I have another question. Since Qlik sense desktop does not support section access. Is there any way to migrate section access?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I thought section access was supported but only when using Server version to distribute.  I haven't got that far in my own deployment yet but am working under this assumption.

Not applicable

Section Access doesn't work with QS Desktop, but it does with Qlik Sense Enterprise (I mean, the server edition).

Take a look at the corresponding help page on Section Access for Qlik Sense as some things changed compared to QlikView (i.e. there is not NTNAME field anymore).

Regarding the migration, as Andy mentioned there is not a way to migrate the layout objects but you can use Fasttrack to migrate the script, dimensions and expressions from a QV 11 app to a QS app.

alan_richmond
Creator
Creator

Can you tell me please if under Qlik Sense Desktop 2.1.1 we have the ability to test a migration of a section access capable  QlikView data model?

Is section access an upcoming capability od Qlik Sense Desktop?

vipul_jhamnani
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Nancy,

There is a QlikView converter utility that helps in converting QlikView documents (QVW files) to Qlik Sense apps.

I represent an Qlik agency and we recently conducted a webinar where gave a demo of  How to convert a QlikView app to Qlik Sense using this utility.

Thanks!