Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Minimum bar gauge chart size

I'm currently working on a dashboard and I'm using gauges to display KPI.  I'm having trouble getting the measure value to display.  I've tried removing titles, sub titles and footnotes but even though there appears to be space to display the value it is not appearing unless I expand the chart.  The value itself when displayed appears to be over sized and in an odd font. 

Is there a way I can modify this to 1. reduce size to display and 2. change its appearance.

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy,

This may have been fixed in a later release of Sense Desktop (version I am using is a later nightly build) - note that my data values are displaying along the bottom - even in a smaller screen size or different orientation:

We will be releasing an updated version to Desktop this month, my only suggestion is to wait for that release and try it then.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like your example bar gauge charts have a larger vertical footprint than mine.  Can you try reducing the height of your chart by two points and see if your value still shows?  Without the value there is little context to the chart in my example.

My version of sense is 0.96 build 23

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy - here is what I got:

Two of them still show - one of them does not. It seems it depends on where the value is located:

As a work around you can use an expression with Set Analysis in the title - such as

'Account Receivable Overdue  =  ' & num((Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={$(vYTDYear)}>} AROpen)-Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={$(vYTDYear)}>} ARCurrent))/Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={$(vYTDYear)}>} AROpen), '#,##0%')

This at least will give you the value - depending on the size of the screen.

Here is the 3rd one with a little bit bigger vertical height:

That is by design, I will check with our PM to see what denotes the behavior.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik