cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guster999
Creator
Creator

Missing Legend from stacked bar chart

Is there an alternative to get the legend included for a stacked bar chart when colouring is done by expression? 

If multi-coloured is chosen instead (to keep the legend) - how can I get the exact name or code for the system selected colours - so that a pie chart (for example) next to this with same categories can be set with matching colours?Missing legend from stacked bar

4 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

For the latter you can create a table that details each color for each dimension value so that you can control each color to your liking.  If you need i can send an example.

A nice trick (which i didn't know until very recently) to have Qlik generate some machine colors that will be the same between 2 charts (like a stacked bar where the 2nd dimension is the same dimension used in a seperate  pie chart) is as follows :

color(fieldindex('City',City))

where 'city' is arbitrary and represents the name of the grouping and City is a field name that represents your 2nd dimension in the stacked bar and only dimension in the pie.

Give it a try !

guster999
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Jonathan,

Okay I made sure persistent colours were set for the pie chart I have next to the stacked bar chart – and that has kept same categories/same colours – great!

The stacked bar chart has a legend if colour by dim, but as soon as I select by expression the legends vanishes…I have seen this issue also on a blog somewhere else.

Not such an issue now that I have matching colours for multiple charts though

I will try your colour (fieldindex) – an example would be to have if possible.

Thanks again!

Gus Feltham

Senior Data Analyst | Corporate Services

+64 4 912 0352 x352

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi gus - i actually editted my reply when i saw that your post was in Qlik Sense.  I think you saw both my first (for qlikview) post and eddited  post (for qlik sense)

...which product are you using  ?

guster999
Creator
Creator
Author

My mistake for not placing in the query sorry (I should edit my post) – I’m using qlik sense sever (updated version)

cheers

Gus Feltham

Senior Data Analyst | Corporate Services

+64 4 912 0352 x352