Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

guster999
New Contributor II

Missing Legend from stacked bar chart

Is there an alternative to get the legend included for a stacked bar chart when colouring is done by expression? 

If multi-coloured is chosen instead (to keep the legend) - how can I get the exact name or code for the system selected colours - so that a pie chart (for example) next to this with same categories can be set with matching colours?Missing legend from stacked bar

4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Missing Legend from stacked bar chart

For the latter you can create a table that details each color for each dimension value so that you can control each color to your liking.  If you need i can send an example.

A nice trick (which i didn't know until very recently) to have Qlik generate some machine colors that will be the same between 2 charts (like a stacked bar where the 2nd dimension is the same dimension used in a seperate  pie chart) is as follows :

color(fieldindex('City',City))

where 'city' is arbitrary and represents the name of the grouping and City is a field name that represents your 2nd dimension in the stacked bar and only dimension in the pie.

Give it a try !

guster999
New Contributor II

Thanks Jonathan,

Okay I made sure persistent colours were set for the pie chart I have next to the stacked bar chart – and that has kept same categories/same colours – great!

The stacked bar chart has a legend if colour by dim, but as soon as I select by expression the legends vanishes…I have seen this issue also on a blog somewhere else.

Not such an issue now that I have matching colours for multiple charts though

I will try your colour (fieldindex) – an example would be to have if possible.

Thanks again!

Gus Feltham

Senior Data Analyst | Corporate Services

+64 4 912 0352 x352

Employee
Employee

Hi gus - i actually editted my reply when i saw that your post was in Qlik Sense.  I think you saw both my first (for qlikview) post and eddited  post (for qlik sense)

...which product are you using  ?

guster999
New Contributor II

My mistake for not placing in the query sorry (I should edit my post) – I’m using qlik sense sever (updated version)

cheers

Gus Feltham

Senior Data Analyst | Corporate Services

+64 4 912 0352 x352