Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Missing ProgramData file structure after install.

After the installation and configuration of Sense Server, the %ProgramData% file structures are missing.  Installed on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit server.  Performed custom install to change install location to F: drive.  Expected F:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log structure to be created. This file structure does not exist on C or F.  Is this a bug when changing the default install location?  Do I need to create configuration files to build the structure?  Since this file structure was not created, logs are not being generated.  How to I correct this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevincase
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank for the quick response.  I didn't realize that the ProgramData folder was hidden as this is a new server and I didn't realize that hidden files were not being displayed.  That was my issue!  However, since I chose a Custom install and selected a different default location, I would have expected that a new ProgramData file structure would have been created in the new default location. Our organization tends to not install software on the same drive as the OS.

Thanks Again for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin - just for reference, if you have a licensed version of Qlik Sense Server you can also send Qlik Support and email at support@qlik.com - they can further assist you.

Now it is my understanding there are 2 paths that get populate during an installation - the main path that you can choose and a path that goes into the ProgramData Directory (depends on the O/S and how and where this is configured - usually default on the drive with the O/S)

• C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense
  • C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense

So you should have F:\Program Files\ - or the directory you chose - I would imagine.

If you type %ProgramData%\Qlik - in the file explorer address window - does it bring you to the proper path?

As you may know by default this ProgramData is a hidden structure and needs to be flagged as visible in order to see it using the Tools-<Folder Options while in the file explorer.

2-23-2015 1-19-05 PM.png

Let us know how you do

Also if responding please attach screenshots if applicable to assist in the troubleshooting.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
kevincase
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank for the quick response.  I didn't realize that the ProgramData folder was hidden as this is a new server and I didn't realize that hidden files were not being displayed.  That was my issue!  However, since I chose a Custom install and selected a different default location, I would have expected that a new ProgramData file structure would have been created in the new default location. Our organization tends to not install software on the same drive as the OS.

Thanks Again for your help.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin - thank you for the update. Would you be so kind and mark my answer as Correct, because is has all the detail and the screenshots? This way when someone stumbles across the thread, they will see an immediate response in regards to the posed questions.

Thanks again.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
pandiarajan
Creator
Creator

Very Helpful