Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Missing values in PivotTable

I would like to add white background where there are  missing values in QS PT.

Unfortunately so far I could not find any solution that works.

(Isnull,0,'' or len() does not work)

Anyone has facing this problem?

In QV you can replace that in Chart Properties, in QS i can not see this option.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It won't help to play with the expression - it is not evaluated for missing values (at least that's the QV behaviour and I assume QS is the same). So I don't know if what you need is possible in QS without an extension.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

That works fine.

BR

Serhan

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It won't help to play with the expression - it is not evaluated for missing values (at least that's the QV behaviour and I assume QS is the same). So I don't know if what you need is possible in QS without an extension.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
robert_mika
Master III
Master III
Author

I have got missing data not Null data but thank you for input.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks Jonathan,

I hope this will be an option in version 2.0.4 or later

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert, just checking / trying to help - something like this?

Before I provide what I did, I wanted to make sure this is what you are talking about?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
robert_mika
Master III
Master III
Author

Sorry I can not share the app but  as you see on the picture value for two categories for 2011 is missing

Capture.PNG

How to add white background to this field and replace the '-' ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ah, I see - let me see if plu‌ has any suggestions.

Patrik?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am afraid that Jonathan jontydkpi‌ is right. The calculation will never be done since these combinations of Dim1 and Year don't exist in the data. So, no, I do not see a way to do this.

In QlikView there is the feature "Populate missing cells" that addresses this problem, but the corresponding functionality has not (yet) been exposed in Qlik Sense.

HIC

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

I've added it to our improvement system so we can look at exposing a similar functionality.