Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Missing values in PivotTable

I would like to add white background where there are  missing values in QS PT.

Unfortunately so far I could not find any solution that works.

(Isnull,0,'' or len() does not work)

Anyone has facing this problem?

In QV you can replace that in Chart Properties, in QS i can not see this option.

Thanks.

17 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III
Author

Thank you all for response.

Fingers crossed for next version with this functionality..:)

gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Any update on this issue? 5 years later and the issue is not solved. Thanks

kristoffer_dani
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michael,

Has this null value issue been resolved in the next Qlik Sense upgrade? Will we get the same feature as QlikView?

adamjank
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Michael_Tarallo What is the status for that 5yo bug?
It's really annoying bug!

Certified QS BA / DA Developer
Looking for the QS workaround for missing object properties
baltazarj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi guys,

I can see that this is a 5yo issue.

I want to color the background of my level 2 data but in my case i have null values "-" and it was left behind with the default color. I already tried to use an If condition if x>1, red(), blue() still does not work for values with "-"

Untitled.png

ckulp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi All,

I wanted to bump this topic, and see if there is any solution to this issue yet within QlikSense. I like the users before would just like to edit the Empty or Null values for appearance sake so it doesn't show up as a Greyed out cell. I have tried numerous options (editing in DLE, and within the field expressions), but can't find something that works. I just want this to present cleaner. Having "N/A" would even be preferrable to what I see now.

Thanks,

Chris

flaviosouza37
Contributor II
Contributor II

A shame that 5 years after this pasture nothing was done to solve this problem, I developed in QlikView for a few years and until today it was the best BI tool I used, the amount of customization and freedom to create the dashboards the way you wanted it was very good, on the other hand the panels created by QlikSense are horrible, interesting that even Google Data Studio which is a free tool allows you to create more beautiful dashboards than QlikSense, the only reason I use QlikSense and not continue using QlikView to create new dashboards is the question of limitations of panels that the licenses had, the best thing about QlikSense is that the user can access several dashboards, only that is better than QlikView, otherwise everything is inferior.

guest1
Contributor II
Contributor II

One of "some" moments when you see the "brilliance and poverty" of QS.

😥

guest1_0-1642514234586.png