Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Monitoring Apps Fail at Call QRS data AFTER LogContent table is stored

Hello everyone,

I have just installed a fresh copy of June 2019 SR 3 Qlik Sense on a brand new dev server and noticed that both License Monitor and Operations Monitor apps are failing to reload at the same place. Here's a snippet of the script from log files where tasks fail:

License Monitor

CALL QRS // Call QRS data AFTER LogContent table is stored
LET NumRowsQRS = 0
SET QRS_RowCounts = 'QRS Row Counts: '
For each endpoint in 'monitor_apps_REST_license_user','monitor_apps_REST_license_login','monitor_apps_REST_user','monitor_apps_REST_license_access','monitor_apps_REST_app','monitor_apps_REST_license'
CALL monitor_apps_REST_license_user
Set NumRows_monitor_apps_REST_license_user = 0
License_User_Access_Types:
NoConcatenate Load * Inline [UserId]
1 fields found: UserId,
0 lines fetched
For Each tipo in 'User','Professional','Analyzer'
LET f_unused = '[Unused UserId' & if(tipo='user',']',' User]')
LET f_quarantine = '[Quarantined UserId' & if(tipo='user',']',' User]')
LET tipo_lower = lower(tipo)
LIB CONNECT TO 'monitor_apps_REST_license_user'
Error: Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)
Execution Failed
Execution finished.

Operations Monitor

CALL QRS // Call QRS data AFTER LogContent table is stored
TRACE Fetching data from Qlik Sense Repository (QRS) database
Fetching data from Qlik Sense Repository (QRS) database

LET NumRowsQRS = 0
SET QRS_RowCounts = 'QRS Row Counts: '
For each endpoint in 'monitor_apps_REST_user','monitor_apps_REST_app','monitor_apps_REST_appobject','monitor_apps_REST_task'
CALL monitor_apps_REST_user
LIB CONNECT TO 'monitor_apps_REST_user_condensed'
Error: Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)
Execution Failed
Execution finished.

It seems like the there's something wrong with whatever QRS is. Some additional information about environment that I'm running Qlik Sense in:

• Single node environment
    • As in, not allowed to be connected to internet

Has anyone faced this and found a solution? Any idea what I can try to get these apps up and running?

Mikhail B.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Found the solution. Ditch the string below from monitor_apps_REST_user_condensed and monitor_apps_REST_license_user data connections:

certificateStoreLocation=LocalMachine;certificateStoreName=My;

Hope this'll help anyone facing the same issue.

Mikhail B.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried this:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000051850

it didn't work.

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Found the solution. Ditch the string below from monitor_apps_REST_user_condensed and monitor_apps_REST_license_user data connections:

certificateStoreLocation=LocalMachine;certificateStoreName=My;

Hope this'll help anyone facing the same issue.

Mikhail B.

HFalk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Having the same problem now. I remove "certificateStoreLocation=LocalMachine;certificateStoreName=My;" yet it still fails to connect for some reason

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Try re-entering the password for the 12 monitor_apps_REST_* data connections. That worked too for me in the past.

HFalk
Contributor II
Contributor II

I tried to use the RootAdmin account and still failed. Thanks for the suggestion
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Is the RootAdmin account is the same as the account that's running Qlik Sense services?

HFalk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes it is
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Interesting. I asked because this issue tends to come up when server certificates have changed or when service account that's running Qlik Sense services has its password changed.

When server certificate changes, all of the encrypted username and passwords that have been saved in Qlik's repository database become invalid. Saved, encrypted passwords use server certificate for encryption and decryption of saved passwords. When certificate changes, Qlik Sense can no longer decrypt stored passwords and, therefore, username and password on data connections will have to be re-entered to have them be re-encrypted in the repository database using new certificate.

If password of service account changed, then re-entering a password on data connections should also do the trick. It's odd that neither editing the data connections, nor re-entering passwords of service account for the connections worked. I'd be curious to learn what the issue was and how else it can be solved whenever you'll figure it out.

HFalk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Its all related to the Call QRS as above but for some reason it just refuse to work. Thanks again for trying to help here. 

After re-entering the passwords again I get the following error.

The following error occurred:
Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

The error occurred here:
RestConnectorMasterTable: SQL SELECT "id" as "TaskId", "createdDate", "modifiedDate", "modifiedByUserName", "isManuallyTriggered", "name" AS "name_u2", "taskType", "enabled", "maxRetries", "__KEY_root", (SELECT "name" AS "name_u0", "__FK_app" FROM "app" PK "__KEY_app" FK "__FK_app"), (SELECT "nextExecution", "__FK_operational" FROM "operational" PK "__KEY_operational" FK "__FK_operational"), (SELECT "name" AS "name_u1", "type", "__FK_userDirectory" FROM "userDirectory" FK "__FK_userDirectory") FROM JSON (wrap on) "root" PK "__KEY_root"